26.10.06

Hugo Chavez sponsors coup in Ghana?



I thought it was funny when I first heard it. Prez Kuffour at it again. Then I told a diplomat who had not hear it yet. His response " who advises this president at all". I went home smiling thinking it was one of those things people say when they mout political platforms.

But as I laid on my bed starring at the ceiling many ideas came to mind. I remembered a Ghanaian businessman telling me on a flight what happens when they hear the word "coup". They think about their investments and how much they stand to loose when that eventually happens.

To cut it to the core, coups are not good news to anyone. Not the country, not the investors not the potential investors and not the continent.
We have had these in the past, all proved to be empty threats.

Rawlings have been equivocal in his comments (That I know) but on coups he has said many times that he has no interest in doing that again. I have heard off record, a comment by one of Rawllings' confidants that "prez kuffour will not be dignified with a coup".


I hope the president will focus on running Ghana and stop this pranks. We are many years behind and we can't afford to be doing this.
Comment:- by Isaac TETTEH blog owner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ghana is back on track with investment opportunities - Veep woos foreign investors

Accra, June 6, GNA-Vice President Mahamudu Bawumia says Ghana's economic opportunities for private sector investors are back on track as...